"Why should I listen to you?" " Because I have a voice!"









So I hope that your Christmas was as great as mine:) Lots of new clothes, gift cards, family, and omgooodness the fudge! I couldn't help myself...


My mom really wanted to see the movie "The King's Speech" starring the ever still enchanting Mr. Colin Firth and the lovely Mrs. Helena Bonham Carter.

This move was great for so many reasons.
*Its a British film! Hellooooooo

*There were so many well known Brits in this movie. I swear I found myself thinking of Pride and Prejudice(the BBC version), Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean,and Sweeney Todd throughout the entire movie. Seriously.

*And finally the costumes! Duh.

It was set in the late 1920s through the 1940s(?) so the costumes were oh so vintage, which I oh so enjoyed. So here are a few movie pictures (Helena is SO. Pretty.) and some other 1920 inspired photos.

Photo credits: Google(of course)

Top to Bottom: Helena Bonham Carter as Queen Elizabeth, costumes from the movie, 1920s vintage inspired look, Ralph Lauren, Marchesa,Yves Saint Laurent, vintage fabric, Forever 21


If you haven't seen this movie. I reccomend. Well if you are into historical British movies that is...



Until next post,

Peace, Love, and Fashion,


Em



*Isaiah 61:10*